Tattoos are like accessories that can instantly jazz up your daily look. However, sometimes things happen in life that prompt people to have their tattoos removed.
Here are 3 common reasons why people opt to have their tattoos taken off:
- They want to move on after a breakup: some people get the tattooed names of their companions removed after ending a long-term relationship to get a fresh new start
- They want to become more employable: body ink is frowned upon in certain industries. Hence, some seek to get their tattoos eradicated so that they can become more marketable and employable
- Distortion: as we age and our bodies change, our skin could start to sag and distort the appearance of a tattoo. What used to be a tattoo of Angel Wings on your back could look like awkward lines as your skin ages!
Regardless of the reason, it is important to know what you are getting into before you see a tattoo removal specialist.
If you are thinking of getting your tattoo removed, here are 5 things you MUST know before booking an appointment with your tattoo removal doctor in Singapore.
Non-Certified Doctors and Spas Are Not Allowed to Remove Tattoos
Tattoo removal is a sensitive and complex process that needs to be done with the utmost precision. That is why spas and non-certified doctors are not allowed to conduct this procedure. Health authorities have put very strict measures on tattoo removal.
Furthermore, the procedure requires the use of a laser for complete removal without damaging the skin. Thus, you would need to get in touch with a certified tattoo removal specialist who incorporates safe and sanitary equipment and tools to avoid any complications and maximize results.
Your Tattoo Cannot Be Removed in One Session
Most people usually think that tattoo removal is a simple procedure that only requires one session. However, that is not true.
Remember that tattoo removal is a process that removes something that is supposed to be permanent. Sadly, one session is simply not enough to help you get the result that you are looking for.
According to experts, you need between 6-10 treatment sessions depending on the colour, size, and age of your tattoo to get the results that you are looking for!
So, be prepared to set aside time every week or month to get the tattoo completely removed.
The Process Is Not as Painful as You Think
You have probably been told that tattoo removal is a very painful process. Although that used to be the case in the past, innovation in tattoo removal technology has made the process less painful and more comfortable.
In other words, you can rest assured in knowing that the tattoo removal process is not as painful as you think.
Nowadays, tattoo removal experts use anaesthesia to make the process pain-free and comfortable for patients. This means that you will not be able to feel any excruciating pain.
Then again, everyone’s threshold for pain is different.
In the event that you do experience discomfort, some icing and numbing cream should do the trick. Speak to your doctor about your concerns and he should be able to advise you.
The Position of Your Tattoo Matters
Tattoos on areas that tend to have better blood circulation like the left part of your chest (which is nearer to your heart) can fade much faster compared to areas with poorer blood circulation like the limbs and ankles.
If you want to remove a wrist tattoo, you might have to devote more time out of your schedule to get it removed.
Tattoos are like scars, so when you undergo tattoo removal treatment in Singapore, you are essentially removing a scar!
There should not be excessive bleeding or huge scabs after you get your tattoo removed. In fact, your skin should be as good as new.
Lasers for Tattoo Removal
Pico Lasers are medically proven to be one of the safest for tattoo removal.
Brands of top Pico Lasers include PicoPlus, PicoSure, PicoWay.
How much does Pico Laser treatment cost?
The price/ cost of pico laser tattoo removal in Singapore is between $50 (small tattoos) to $2000 (large areas) per session.
What affects the price/ cost of pico laser tattoo removal in Singapore?
- Experience of the doctor in Tattoo removal. Simply put, tattoo removal experts aren’t honed overnight. Such skill takes time to perfect.
- Type of Tattoo removal laser. Always choose the top laser – which is a pico laser. Other lasers like Q-switch ND:YAG lasers are older generation lasers. The tattoo removal results of a pico laser are far superior.
Make the smart choice now!